Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Jehovah Rapha~ the Lord our Healer

Life is not predictable. Especially yesterday. And I'm glad for it because I would not want another day like yesterday any time soon again.

Yesterday I learned that a precious friend has been diagnosed with cancer. This Godly woman, not yet 30 years old, with two sweet girls under the age of 6 and an adoring husband, has a fight in front of her. And she has so much to live for and so many praying for her and pulling for her!

Most of my day was spent in utter disbelief. How could this happen to such a young, strong, Christian woman? A woman who is devoting her life to God and to teaching children about His love. My mind is screaming with outrage as I try to process this information that is completely UN-processable.

And like the tides of the ocean, just as I think I've reached a place of calm, another wave knocks me down again. Each wave that lead to yesterday's storm a piece of the puzzle becoming as clear as the deep blue sea- the months of illness, the indomitable and joyful spirit that she showed as she pushed her way through planning a recent family wedding despite her pain, the striving to fulfill the duties of a new and demanding job taking her home late many evenings, the sheer exhaustion setting in...and now, this sickness, trying to take over her family, her life...I'm knocked down again. Wounds stinging with the salt and sand of each unrelenting wave.

God's love for her is a comfort to me.
Her love for Him is a comfort to me.
Her steadfast faith for His steadfast love.
He is Reliable.
A Strength in times of trouble.
The One who is always the same.
The waves may toss us, but He is and always will be the great I AM.
Jehova Rapha~ the Lord our Healer.
Truly.

Psalm 46:1-6

God is our refuge and strength,
    an ever-present help in trouble.
Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way
    and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea,
though its waters roar and foam
    and the mountains quake with their surging.[c]

There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God,
    the holy place where the Most High dwells.
God is within her, she will not fall;
    God will help her at break of day.
Nations are in uproar, kingdoms fall;
    he lifts his voice, the earth melts.
7The Lord Almighty is with us;
    the God of Jacob is our fortress.
Come and see what the Lord has done,
    the desolations he has brought on the earth.
He makes wars cease
    to the ends of the earth.
He breaks the bow and shatters the spear;
    he burns the shields[d] with fire.
10 He says, “Be still, and know that I am God;
    I will be exalted among the nations,
    I will be exalted in the earth.”
11 The Lord Almighty is with us;
    the God of Jacob is our fortress.




Dear friend, we are all praying for you. I love you!
May God continue to hold you in the palm of His hand. And may you feel His overwhelming and comforting love for you through a peace only He can bring.

"Don't fear, because I am with you; don't be afraid, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, I will surely help you; I will hold you with my righteous strong hand."
Isaiah 41:10

No comments:

Post a Comment