Monday, April 1, 2013

Break My Heart

There is a contemporary Christian song out now that strongly resonates with me. Hearing it causes my throat to catch and my eyes to well with tears. Music has always had a way of doing that to me. And it's because God wants me that way, so that He can humble me, use me, teach me, mold me.
The line that gets me every time is, "Break my heart for what breaks Yours." If you haven't heard it, take a listen.

Casting Crowns, "Jesus Friend of Sinners"


As I was researching this song so I could write about it for this post, I found a video by lead singer Mark Hall. In it he explains his meaning behind the lyrics. The words he spoke literally blew me away as I realized how God had used the Holy Spirit to lead me to it. Please listen...


Really??? I didn't know. But God did! Spiritual gifts of adhd and dyslexia!?!? In the past I would have thought this coincidence. But not today. These kind of things keep happening to me and I can't possibly keep thinking it's all just a stroke of luck or happenstance. He is continually sending me where I need to go these days. And this leaves me in awe.

Hearing Mark's story of how God loves and uses him despite  and through the world's view of his perceived imperfections of adhd and dyslexia, of how He can take what the world considers foolish to shame the wise, and of how He chooses the weak things of the world to shame the strong, brought a resounding "YES!!" to my heart; a heart that often breaks for the children who embody these perceived "imperfections."

God's glory is ever present through our "weakness", using it to show the world that His unexpected gifts and blessings abound.

Instead, God chose things the world considers foolish in order to shame those who think they are wise. And he chose things that are weak to shame those who are strong.
1 Corinthians 1:27

No comments:

Post a Comment